Community » Site Updates  » Official 'New OTA' Status Update Thread

SOLID

Official 'New OTA' Status Update Thread

Official 'New OTA' Status Update Thread
SOLID November 23, 2009 20 21,085 Site Updates

Description: The point of this thread is to keep you all informed with the latest updates on the all new OTA. Whatever I work on will be added here so that you all may be able to keep up with the project.

What's going on with OTA?: For those who may not know, OTA is currently undergoing a MAJOR re-construction job and has been for the last couple of months. This forum is just not enough so we are expanding the sites horizon by combining the forum with another two scripts; more powerful scripts.

Some of the new highlighted features will include, but not limited to:

-Music/Artist Signups/ Music Uploads
-Videos/ Video Uploads
-Photos/ Photo Uploads
-Groups
-Polls
-Blogs
-REAL profiles
-Events (create your own)

and much, much more. If you'd like to make a request for a certain feature for the new OTA, you're more than welcome to reply with it.

*This project, as a whole, is split up into 2 projects (designing and coding) with 3 semi-projects (the homepages, the forums and the new OTA script).

Below you will find how far they are completed:

[LEFT]1.) Design: (integrating the new look along with fixing any browser compatibility issues)[INDENT] I.) Homepages: 100%
II.) Forums: 100%%

III.) New OTA script: 100%

[/INDENT]2.) Coding: (how much coding has to be added or fixed)[INDENT]I.) Homepages: 100%
II.) Forums: 100%
III.) New OTA script: 100%
[/INDENT][/LEFT]

Estimated time for completion: April 5th, 2010

-------------------

Work log:

Wednesday - November 18th, 2009: The database for the new script and our current forums' has been merged. What does this mean? It means you will not have to sign up again, or twice for new users. You will be able to login to the new OTA with your current OTA e-mail and password.

Friday - November 20th, 2009: Design for the new OTA has finally been completed. Spent the remainder of the day touching it up.

Saturday - November 21st, 2009: Spent the entire day implementing the design into the homepage of the new script. Minor details were changed/added to the homepage also.

Sunday - November 22nd, 2009: Finishing up the homepage before I start moving inwards on the site. The next thing I will finish is the "Articles", "Blurbs", "Interviews" & "Reviews" sections.

Monday - November 23rd, 2009: Finished most of the sections from the previous log. Also, today I worked more on finishing the homepage. I've came across a few compatibility errors between different browsers like IE and FF. So I spent most of the day ironing these errors out. I've accomplished a lot of minor things as well as big things today. Everyday is just one step closer to completion!

Wednesday - November 25th, 2009: Sent back in the modified mockup to our designer to make it 100% compatible between all web browsers. There is also a problem with the drop downs showing up behind some ads. This too will be fixed and sent back within the next couple of days. In the mean time, I'm finishing up the minor details to the homepages and 4 sections above.

Thursday - November 26th, 2009: Made the "About" & "Terms" page. They're not finished as far as typing the About Us and Terms, but that will come in near time. Had to also send the header of the design back to the designer to fix a minor problem with the drop downs. Should be back and finished this weekend.

Friday - November 27th, 2009: Today I integrated an article rating script into the articles. It's the one from before, but just with newer images. Latest Artists signups has been integrated on the homepage. The biggest move I made today was start a new semi-project to get the forums taken care of by a separate designer. Rather then me spending much more time (toooooo much time) then intended designing the forum skin, this will wrap the project up faster.

Sunday - November 29th, 2009: Made minor adjustments to the latest artist music player boxes on the homepage. Also, I've finally integrated the "Latest Groups" module onto the homepage. Wasn't working before, but with a little fooling around with the coding structure, I was able to get it to work :D

Wednesday - December 2nd, 2009: Finally started working inward. The last couple of days, I've been designing the actual new OTA script. A lot easier than I thought it would be! I've finished the videos, profiles & photo albums pages. Some of them still need little tweaks but they're basically done. The project is rolling along with great momentum and should be done very soon, sooner than expected! I've updated the "New OTA Script" percentage of work completed above as well as added an estimated finish time.

Thursday - December 2nd, 2009 - Wednesday December 16th, 2009: I haven't been keeping up with the log stat, but don't let that fool you. We've had some bumps in the design of the forum because the designer who was going to design it for me got lazy, because apparently a few hundred dollars wasn't enough. So forget that clown, like the old saying goes 'if you want something done, you've got to do it yourself'. So I've spent the last week or so building the new forum design off of the homepage and new OTA script look and I've got to say... it looks sexy :). Besides working on finishing the forum, I've been finishing up designing the new OTA script design.. and have been making new profile designs and scrapping them because... well the profiles need a powerful look and I won't feel accomplished until they do. Everything else though, look wise, is on point.

Thursday - December 17th, 2009 - Thursday January 28th, 2010: Been working hard on finishing up the design, implementing them, fixing browser compatibility issues and more. Since OTA is almost complete, rather than continue making the update logs (that I've been slacking on), I'll just inform you all through making new replies.

Temporary side note: I will upload a picture preview of the new look in a week or so. It's NOT the same as the one I uploaded a few months ago... that one was good enough, but this new one is way better :)

No Stickers to Show

X

Welcome to OTA

test message. Please dis-regard